The GDPR passed in May 2016 looks set to massively shake up the way businesses market to their prospects.
The problem is that sifting through the 200 pages of legal language to identify which parts are relevant to B2B marketing activities is something few of us have time to do.
However, given the gravity of this legislation, learning as much as possible is hugely important and preparing now will certainly give you the edge.
Graham Smith has written this brilliant article on the top 10 things that UK companies need to know about GDPR. He answers the questions listed below with refreshing clarity and provides some much needed direction to this grey area.
- Does the GDPR apply to my company?
- What if the UK leaves the EU?
- Does this affect my customers and prospects?
- What happens if I don’t comply with the new law?
- Does the GDPR apply to B2B marketing?
- OK, so how do I ensure my marketing is legal?
- What about B2B telemarketing?
- I’ve heard about the ‘Right to be Forgotten’, what is it?
- What is ‘profiling’ and what do I need to do about it?
- Do I need to appoint a Data Protection Officer?